Re: Emacspeak installation information

You're right Tim.

But if you have difficulty and don't spending less than 5 EUR or 6 USD (each language costs 4.29 EUR (or $5.78).  Gilles Casse has perfected an install script that perfectly installs emacspeak and voxin.

Sometimes I could not get the speech engine configured correctly, sometimes I could.  It seemed that I always missed a crucial step when I could not get it working and most times, Tim you pulled my burning computer from out of the fire, thanks.

If any are interested, you can buy your favorite language of Voxin here:
http://voxin.oralux.net/get.php?mystep=0

Buy Voxin, and install it.  You are given a download link, you unarchive the file, change directory twice into the directories you've made and you will see the installer.  Execute it and then go to this page.

http://soft.oralux.net/emacspeak/emacspeak_voxin_install/

You will see three flavors:  Debian, Ubuntu and Arch Linux.  Inside you will see different versions of each distribution, chose the right one and run it.

Honestly, it is foolproof, I've tested it on the BIGGEST fool I know and he could do it.  (Really, I could.  I really could!)

Best to all,

The Fool on the Hill.

David