emacspeak pitch changes in ubuntu package not working

Hi,

I am using the APT package for Ubuntu 15.04 which installs emacspeak
40 on emacs 24. This works fine, but the pitch doesn't shift for
links, bold text etc. Is there a setting I have to enable to make this
work, or is something else going on? I am setting up a machine for use
for an internship, so I'd like this to work properly if possible.

Thanks a lot for your answers,
Florian