Re: emacspeak operation failure

I read in Makefile espeak is not enabled by default but lots of folks use it. How do I enable espeak? I lost the modification line for make disdir and when I built the failed operating emacspeak last night I did it outside of pacman control. Fortunately I was able to write a 933 line bash shell script to delete all emacspeak files in the outside pacman control version so the next time I do a build everything will be inside pacman control. Since that bash script was as long as it was, I was curious how long it would take to run and the answer was 25 seconds.

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:04:58
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
To: emacspeak@cs.vassar.edu
Subject: emacspeak operation failure

I kill speakup and this is running speakup_soft and start up emacspeak I hear the organ notes and a message saying this is emacspeak and nothing else. So I turn speakup back on and check the screen. I get process speaker not running. So I hit control-x+control-c to bail out. I get told processes are still running kill them y/n? I type y and am told to type yes or no. I type yes and am locked in that area and cannot exit emacspeak any ways other than the three finger salute or hitting the power button to shut the computer down. I did the bash alias near the end of Makefile and got the system pointed correctly.

We may almost be home but I don't know for sure.