Changing Emacspeak default settings and making them stick?

Where are the appropriate files to fix these three issues? No matter how many times I change it universally, emacspeak always comes up saying "capital capital capital capital capital capital capital..." Its default espeak voice is not US and the accent makes it hard to understand. The volume is two low. These defaults are driving me nuts! Thanks.