company-mode suggestions aren't announced by emacspeak reliably

Hi,
I have set up company mode correctly, as the suggestions are spoken and inserted, but most of the time, I have to keep pressing down arrow and up arrow so many times until the item under the cursor is spoken.
I have verified that the item text is inserted into the *Messages* buffer every time I press up and down arrow keys, but for some reason, it’s not spoken by Emacspeak.
I know that more information is needed to debug this issue, but I’m not sure how I can collect this information, as I think replicating my Emacs set up might not be trivial. If it helps, my emacs configuration is pasted in the below link:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/parhamdoustdar/6ae70750ae84b60cf0f9e8df18928870/raw/c97ada58d0cf07c8b9f8d32e792d6a4920847e33/init.el
I’m using Emacspeak 46.0  HelpfulDog 8c193a6db, with GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.5.0, NS appkit-1504.82 Version 10.12.4 (Build 16E195)) of 2017-05-03.
Thanks!