Emacspeak Bookshare: books fail to download correctly

Hi all. I got Bookshare set up with the developer account, generated the
API key, and was able to make the key work with Emacspeak. I’m not sure
Bookshare support is being maintained, so sorry if it’s something that
not many people care about accessing on Linux.
So, I did an author search for Stephen King, and download several of his
works, pressing capital D on the ones I wanted. I then, after finding
that they weren’t already in my Bookshare library ready to be read, I
went back to the listing of results by searching for the author again,
and pressed capital U to unpack the ones I’d downloaded.
I then started looking in the unpacked folders, and found that they were
all empty, oh Discordia. Then, I went snooping around the
~/books/book-share/downloads folder, only to find that, to my horror,
all those .zip files, to Linux, were "plain text" files, and were 0 KB
in size.
Another problem is that, some actions, like C-U capital P, then choosing
"horror" for example, gives an error "Does not look like a Bookshare
response." This leads me to believe that the Bookshare API has not been
updated in a while.
So, anything I can do to fix this? Or will I just have to download the
Daisy books myself and put them in the Bookshare directory, or is the
Epub reader going to supersede the Bookshare stuff, as one can use the
Bookshare API to download EPUB now?
Thanks to all!
--
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.
Email: r.d.t.prater@xxxxxxxxxxx