[Emacspeak] auditory icon themes not working on m1 mac

Hi all,
First time posting on the mailing list. Please let me know if I'm
doing something wrong :)

I recently installed emacs/emacspeak on my m1 macbook air using
the method outlined below:

brew tap d12frosted/emacs-plus
brew install emacs-plus(a)28 --with-no-titlebar

then unpacked the latest emacspeak tar.bz2 from the website and
ran

make config
make

Then added to init.el
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/emacspeak/lisp/mac-voices.el")
(dtk-set-rate 500 t)
(setq emacspeak-play-program "/opt/homebrew/bin/play") ;;was nill
without this being set manually

This setup allows me to use the function
emacspeak-play-auditory-icon to hear the icons. but whenever I do
emacspeak-sounds-select-theme and enter pan-chimes theme's folder
this doesn't make the theme work as expected. No errors just
nothing.

can anybody let me know what I'm doing wrong. I suspect that I'm
set that I need to. But I can't figure it out.

Best

Jimmy

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|