[Emacspeak] Question possibly about dired and emacspeak?

Greetings,

Is there a way of using something like timidity or mplayer in dired
while still operating on another file with emacspeak? At present, I
can listen to the audio output called in the dired buffer, and I can
meanwhile navigate to other buffers within emacs, but I cannot get a
voice to speak while the other audio is going on. I would be grateful
for any feedback.

Thank you!

Hwaen Ch'uqi

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|