[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak on Android

 Note that "someone" is an unbound variable and writing programs with
 unbound variables is not advisable.

codeofdusk(a)gmail.com writes:
 > I think the Astro Slide might be a really interesting Emacspeak devi=
ce, especially if the dual-boot Linux supports native audio and if some=
one wrote an Emacs package for handling calls/SMS when in Linux...
 > https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/astro-slide-5g-transformer#/
 > Bill
 Are you using Outloud or Espeak=3F
 >=20
 > Once you get this tuned to your liking, I'd request you write it up =
as a simple org file and post it somewhere; I'd also like to include it=
 in the emacspeak distribution when the write-up is ready.
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > Thank you all for your replies.  Inspired partly by them, partly b=
y an=20
 > > answer I received on the #termux IRC channel, and partly by my own=
=20
 > > stubbornness, I searched for ways to get the audio out of somethin=
g=20
 > > like UserLAnd or a Termux PRoot environment.
 > >
 > > And I succeeded!  With auditory icons, and everything!
 > >
 > > The trick is to use PulseAudio to stream the audio out of UserLAnd=
 (or=20
 > > PRoot).  In particular, I installed pulseaudio in UserLAnd's Debia=
n=20
 > > environment and added this line to the bottom of /etc/pulse/defaul=
t.pa
 > > there:
 > >
 > > load-module module-simple-protocol-tcp source=3Dauto=5Fnull.monito=
r=20
 > > record=3Dtrue
 > > port=3D54713 listen=3D127.0.0.1
 > >
 > > (Apologies for any spurious linebreaks added by my email program; =
it=20
 > > should be a single line.)  Then with PulseAudio started, I connect=
ed=20
 > > to the stream from SimpleProtocolPlayer NG=20
 > > https://f-droid.org/packages/fr.jakse.raphael.simpleprotocolplayer=

 > > and started Emacspeak in UserLAnd.  The sound is a bit choppy, but=
=20
 > > it's a proof of concept, at least.  I haven't yet thoroughly teste=
d=20
 > > whether the audio output would be improved by different settings l=
ike:
 > > * a different buffer size in Simple Protocol Player NG,
 > > * a different sample rate,
 > > * streaming the audio to Termux instead of Simple Protocol Player =
NG,
> [...]
 > > They often assume a visual desktop, but this isn't necessary; I ca=
n=20
 > > run Emacspeak in emacs-nox in UserLAnd, without any visual desktop=
 installed.

 > > I did notice that it didn't fully work with Debian buster's emacsp=
eak=20
 > > package (version 49.0) in Emacs 26.1; the output seemed to be sile=
nt=20
 > > for some utterances, perhaps triggered by auditory icons or voice=20=

 > > locking or both.  But switching to Emacs 27.1 (from buster-backpor=
ts)=20
 > > and compiling Emacspeak 53.0 from source in UserLAnd solved that p=
roblem.

 > > Now, to complete the eyes-free experience on my mobile phone, I ne=
ed a=20
 > > physical keyboard I can connect to it, preferably without wires, s=
o I=20
 > > don't tie myself up in cords.  But before investing in that, perha=
ps I=20
 > > should figure out whether, in the long run, Emacspeak will make me=
=20
 > > more productive than a visual desktop, rather than less.  At the=20=

 > > moment, I'm finding a fairly steep Emacs-learning curve (mostly=20=

 > > keybindings), but I'm still hopeful that it will be worth it.
 > >
 > > I hope this is helpful and encouraging.
 > >
 > > All the best,
 > >
 > > Tim
 > > <><
 > >
 > > On Sat, 2021-05-01 at 07:37 -0700, T.V Raman wrote:
 > >> Typing this up mostly for the archive.
 > >>=20
 > >> 1. Speech Server: Voice changes are hard to implement using the c=
urrent
 > >>    setup, but feasable;
 > >>=20
 > >>    A. Look up Google TTS documentation, provides pitch change as =
the
 > >>       only control from memory.
 > >>=20
 > >>       B. Copy plain-voices.el to android-voices.el, then follow t=
he code
 > >>          and update it to generate the pitch control changes.
 > >>=20
 > >>          C. Finally add the necessary clause in dtk-speak.el to l=
oad
 > >>             android-voices.el if synthesis engine is Android.
 > >>=20
 > >>             2. Auditory Icons, Again doable, but you'd have to wr=
ite
 > >>                some Java code in the Android speech server to pla=
 > >>                sounds, you'll likely need to package over the sou=
nd
 > >>                files and copy them to the Android side.
 > >>               =20
 > >> --
 > >>=20
 > >> Thanks,
 > >>=20
 > >> --Raman
 > >> =E2=99=87 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  =F0=9F=A6=AE
 > >> =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=
=5F
 > >> Emacspeak mailing list -- emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org To unsubscribe =
send=20
 > >> an email to emacspeak-leave(a)emacspeak.org
 > >
 >=20
 > --=20
 >=20
 > Thanks,
 >=20
 > --Raman
 > =E2=99=88 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  =F0=9F=A6=AE
 > =5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=

 > Emacspeak mailing list -- emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org To unsubscribe sen=
d an email to emacspeak-leave(a)emacspeak.org

--=20
=E2=99=89Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  =F0=9F=A6=AE=E2=99=89

--
♉Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮♉

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|