[Emacspeak] Re: Changing espeak pitch, accent

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for the quick and considerate reply. I evaluated the

(dtk-set-language "en-us:victor")

_expression_ and then restarted the speech engine with C-e C-s. It seemed to have no detectable effect on the voice. I tried a few other strings, like "en-uk" and "en-us:betty," and the voice seemed to stay the same.

Any guesses as to why the voice is not changing? Also, what is the default Espeak voice? When I use emacspeak on Windows, it uses the default espeak voice (en-us, I think), while the Emacspeak Espeak voice on my Linux Mint system seems to be off, though I'm not experienced enough to say exactly what's different.

If I can get Emacspeak to use the default voice and pitch, I probably won't need to explore setting the pitch.

Thanks again.

Best,
Patrick