Re: [Emacspeak] Detecting emacspeak directory

Lovely discussion!
:)

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 2:04 PM "T.V Raman" <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Correct. But he doesn't need that variable because mac-swiftmac is
already under the emacspeak/servers directory;-)

Also lessons learnt in the school of hard knocks: (see list archive
for examples)

The more "helpful" you make a system, the less people will read what
you write, and worse, they'll pay you back by using (abusing?) the
time you saved them by bad-mouthing your work on random chat rooms and
mailing lists about how difficult your software was to use :-)

Here is an example from swiftmac waiting to bite:

1. The readme.md helpfully shows you how to set it up.
2. The swiftmac server helps the user tune things to  their taste with
   a bunch of env vars.
3. The readme shows how to set these from inside Emacs with a few lisp forms
4. Clueless Luser: Will go complain in a few months about how they had to
   "write lisp code" to set this up.