Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

I've changed the  default to nil, had it set to nil in my .custom file
which was shadowing the default.

1. defcustom declares the variable with its default
2. make config puts the default into loaddefs.el
3. Before jumping off to send email, take some time to understand
   things, experiment etc.
4. Just sending me email will likely mean I'll stop responding since
   like you I too am busy.
5.