Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

Hi Raman,
Thanks for the explanation and the changes.
You made me realise that I have no clue what goes on in the Makefile. I’ll learn from the syntax and look deeper into that, thanks.
I also wanted to reassure you that I know everyone is busy, and sending an email is not my first reaction to encountering an issue. That is what I hope to illustrate by always including the steps that I took to debug or resolve it. When I send an email asking something, it’s because either (1) I wonder if I’m understanding the intention correctly or (2) my skills and Google haven’t turned up a solution, likely because I’m encountering an “unknown unknown”.
I’m always very open to learning, so if you or anyone else on the list has concrete steps I could take, or resources I could learn from, feel free to share – I commit to taking action on getting better at solving my own problems.
Thanks.