Re: [Emacspeak] [bug] partial crash with no sox on mac

TV--

Oh, I am learning a ton for sure.  Yes, you are correct, it is the error being
emitted via the initialization process causing emacspeak to be incompletely
loaded.

I have played around with inserting my own fake errors to confirm behavior.

Since missing a play program is not ideal, but also not critical, should it be
changed from an error to w warn?  As it will break the initialization if it hits
an error line during loading.

> On Feb 6, 2024, at 10:10, T.V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> thanks.
>
> 1. Reason I was surprized to hear emacspeak crashed because of play
>   was that just icons cant cause it to crash.
> 2. What caused the crash was the transitional (pulse->pipewire) check
>   for ogg vs wav file themes that raised an error if one picked an
>   audio backend that did not support ogg
> 3. That error triggered at the launch of emacspeak -- which means
>   emacspeak startup never completed.
>
>   Above mostly to help your debugging life easier  in the future

Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx