Re: [Emacspeak] Tips and tricks for learning a new codebase?

Hey Robert,
Not sure if you know this, so putting it here in case you don't, but the things you list under your "can get clever" are actually very easy to do with no coding. Just bind org-capture to a global hotkey, then press it when you want to make a note about the line you are just reading. Then you can insert the link in an org buffer using C-c C-l I think, and the line you had captured would be in the history, which you can go through using the arrow keys.
Also, what I often do is keep my notes open in a separate window (or tab in MacOS terms) by pressing C-x 4 b. Then I can use C-x o to jump between the code (open in one window) and my notes (open in another window).
I'll leave the rest to others to answer, as I often struggle with spaghetti code myself.'
Sent from my iPhone