[Emacspeak] How to properly build Emacspeak

Hello all,

Sorry, a llama question. How to properly build Emacspeak? After git pull, do I need to issue make clean and then make?

I saw messages like "xxx.el newer than byte-compiled files, using older one" or similar.

I understand that this means that the new code won't be used.

Sorry I am refreshing my Linux knowledge after a long time...