Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers

Yep, that is a good idea. I been focusing on trying to just make it work, now
I have to dig into the specific usage of it in emacspeak. But with this and
hopefully my beepcaps fix, I think that will make the implementation feature
complete.

Will still have to work on voices some as the only tools I have to really work
with are:
- literal voice, as of Swiftmac 2.0 the cost of switching is a non-issue
- pitch multiplier, between 0.5 and 2.0
- rate between .1 and 1 (which is a MacOS value of 0% to 100%)

I want to experiment with like using a completely different voice for things
in quotes (like Alex for regular, Samatha for in quotes) and have lots of
other things I would like to build up on the lisp side once I lock down this
final implementation, so I can work on the more fun tweaky bits.

> On Mar 27, 2024, at 14:16, T.V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Also, re spatialization and latency:
>
> 1. You need only spatialize the Notification Stream.
> 2. So as with Linux, run two server processes,
>   A. The main seaker process, no spatialization, no extra latency
>   B. The notification process, spatialized, some extra latency but wont
>      be noticed, since it's not used much.

Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx