[Emacspeak] Experimenting with multiple voices for mac/windows

Windows natively has no voice manipulation at all, not even pitch.

Mac gives you a pitch multiplier that clamps between .5 and 2.0,
multiplied by 0.5 being the low pitch, 2.0 being maximal high pitch.

But, what both these platforms have is a decent number of voices
included by default that share rate and don't sound too jarring
when used together, ogg demo below.

With this in mind, I have started experimenting with multiple voices
together. To hear reading a single line of code with three voices,
here is an ogg: https://robertmelton.com/output_trimmed.ogg

it is reading the following line:

/* this is a comment */ this would be some code, and  "here is a string in the code" and more code after the string /* and end with comment */

I am considering if the best experience for Windows and Mac would be
mapping Aural CSS ranges to specific voices. This wouldn't be as
comprehensive obviously, but it might be better than nothing.

Oh, and I did try using a different voice on the notification server
versus the main server, works well too.

And even if implemented, you could choose the same voice for all maps
so users like Pawel wouldn't be jarred by the different voices.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx