Re: [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?

Victor--

Tryign to understand exactly what is happening under the covers for
how this works is on my todo list, as the implementation is non-
obvious to me.  That said, there are two ways to fix it.

1. Create a hook that sets it to what you want in the modes you
want it, you can hang stuff off of like major mode change or
something similar.  This will work for any settings you might
desire to set.

2. Under emacspeak customize, you can control what is said for allcaps
and for caps, if you set them both to be blank, techincally it will
still speak them, but it will just be speaking nothing.

> On Apr 12, 2024, at 10:32, T.V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> See prog-mode-hook -- this is how emacspeak has done this for long as
> I can remember, ie "nothing to see here":-)
>

> Robert Melton writes:
>> Do you set your dtk-caps value after emacspeak-setup?
>>
>> It works for me just fine.
>>
>>> On Apr 11, 2024, at 23:45, Victor Tsaran <vtsaran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Robert, perhaps my expectation is incorrect, but I was under the impression that if I, for example, do
>>> (setq dtk-caps nil)
>>> in my initialization file, then Emacspeak will not generated "capital letter" announcements. I am hoping for an effect similar to C-u C-e d c.
>>>

>> --
>> Robert "robertmeta" Melton
>> lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert "robertmeta" Melton