Re: [Emacspeak] Binary Builds (via Github)

Raman--

I completely understand that perspective. I also think
that this can be done via custom packages for Mac and
Windows exactly like it is done for Linux distros.
So, I might go down that route. Brew for Mac and Winget
for Windows. Sort of gives a natural reason to keep the
separate repos alive, to provide binaries.

Obviously, easier onboarding can bring lazier users. But
as a user who almost gave up due to random frustrations,
and now can't imagine not having it, I am a bit more
willing to blindly hope that some additionally onboarded
users could become contributors. But as they say, hopoe
in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled
first.

> On Apr 24, 2024, at 16:37, T.V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'd be reluctant -- especially for Linux, given the range of libs.
>
> The more magic you create, the more you set yourself up for folks who
> wont do any work themselves but just show up expecting help -- AKA the
> classic free-loader. I wont dissuade you from helping them, but I wont
> take that on either.
>
> Witness the other help request that showed up  today from someone who is
> using git but isn't even prepared to read and parse the message git
> displayed:-)

Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx