FORWARD: Re: vm version with emacs 20.24

From: wlestes@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: vm version with emacs 20.24
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:33:33 -0400

> me at CSUN last year, but that was a *long* time ago.  The most
> recent complains about not being ported to emacs 20.

Brian, afaik, this complaint is just a courtesy warning on the part of
vm. It's just a warning that you may encounter problems--but not
necessarily. I have used some packages under emacs 20 that were
written only for emacs 19 (e.g. rmime and calc).

There are some differences in the syntax of elisp from 19 to 20, but
they are not huge and as long as you compile for emacs 20, things
should go, well, ...

--will