Editing system files from within Emacs

Hi Jason,

I normally switch to a different virtual console with
alt-Fx, where x is the number of the console, then log in as
root to maintain the system.  After I'm done, I log out from
the root login, and switch back to the original console.

You asked:
> Recently, I have confronted the problem of how best to edit system files
> while logged in as an ordinary user and working via Emacspeak. My solution

Good luck,

Brian.
--
   Brian L. Sellden - brian@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.henge.com/~brian