Re: Litetalk with Debian 2.0

Chevelle -

Early versions of the LiteTalk (before 4.20) did not have all the tone
commands, but yours is recent enough.  It should work the same as the
DoubleTalk that I test with.

I suspect the speech server is dying and getting restarted, due to
some incompatibility with that version of emacspeak.  Please try
emacspeak-ss from the Debian "unstable" section in place of
emacspeak-dt-tcl.  If that doesn't help, I would like for you to
record some strace logs.  The method is explained in the file
TROUBLESHOOTING in the source distribution, which you can get from the
blinux ftp server.  (I see I did not include it in the .deb file - an
error which I am correcting.)

		      - Jim Van Zandt