Q about emacspeak-dial-dtk

Hi listers,

I'm curious how emacspeak-dial-dtk works.  When I issue this command, my
decTalk produces the appropriate tones, but nothing else happens.  Of course
this make sense since my decTalk isn't connected to a phone jack.  Is there
a way to connect the decTalk to a phone line?  I noticed that this function
allows an alphanumeric string to be entered, which would be pretty useful.
It's a real headache converting an alphanumeric phone number to a numeric
one.

Could anyone enlighten me?

Mo McCleary
GE Harris Railway Electronics, LLC