Re: 80x24, somthing to try...

Greg,

I tried the `stty' command, and this allowed me to use `smitty'.  thanks!

GEP> Would someone who uses dosemu or some other program that requires the
GEP> 80x24 screen in an eterm please let me know what happens if after you
GEP> start the term you tell it that it has an 80x24 line window?  Do this
GEP> by typing at a command prompt in the term window:

GEP>    stty cols 80 rows 24

GEP> and check it with

GEP>     stty size

GEP> The above commands should work for most flavors of unix and linux.

GEP> My guess is that the screen will "look" funny, but sound fine, you may
GEP> need to scroll up to get the top line, but perhaps the programs will
GEP> run this way.

GEP> Greg
GEP> --
GEP>  Greg Priest-Dorman
GEP>  priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx      NO SOLICITING

Christopher
This message is coming to you from a system running level 98012D of AIX 4.3.D!
Christopher J Chaltain   |                 internet:  chaltain@xxxxxxxxxxx
IBM RS/6000 Division                               |  VM:  CHALTAIN at AUSTIN
Internal ZIP:  9530      |            IBM Mail Exchange:  USIB4HB2 at IBMMAIL
11,400 Burnet Road       |      Division:  75      |         Department:  C3C
Austin, Texas 78758      |      Building: 905      |          Office:  3B-021
Tel:  (512) 838-8310     |   Tie line:  678-8310   |     Fax:  (512) 838-1801