unwanted "attempt to change text" messages in w3

Hi
I have recently started to use w3 with emacspeak.

Whenever I press return on a link, in order to go to it, I get the
message:

"attempt to change text outside editable field error attempt to change
text outside"

However, the retrieval goes ahead, I get some relevant messages and
the linked page is presented.

Is it normal for w3 to behave in this way?  If so is there a way of
stopping this message being spoken each time.

I am using w3 4.0 pre.25.
I have emacs 20.2, emacspeak 9.0 with the braillenspeak server.

This is really beginning to get on my nerves so I would very much
welcome your help.