Re: confused

The  emacspeak-9.0-2.noarch.rpm package has a bug which prevents Emacspeak
from starting. To correct the bug you have to change a line in a script
file.

Please change the 7th line in /usr/bin/emacspeak from

if [ $1 != "-q" ] ; then INITFILE=...

into

if [ "$1" != "-q" ] ; then INITFILE=...

After adding the "" to $1, the script should start OK.

If you have installed the Mbrola server for speech output through your
sound card
http://www.leb.net/pub/blinux/emacspeak/blinux/mbrola_server/mbrola_server-1.3.1-2.i386.rpm,
you'll get a file '/usr/bin/emacspeak.mbr'.
If you now start Emacspeak through invoking emacspeak.mbr, Emacspeak will
use the Mbrola speech synthesizer by default.

Enjoy!
Hans

--
blinux == http://www.hzo.cubenet.de/blinux/