DoubleTalk LT doesn't pronounce whole lines of text

Hello, listers! I believe this list has gotten close enough to answering
this question of mine, but not close enough to actually answer it.
I recently started to play with Emacspeak10.0. Well, the most annoying
thing I have encountered so far was that my DOubleTalk LT speech synth,
ROM version 5.20, doesn't speak whole lines correctly.
Here is the example and some proposed explanation.

Say, this is a long line.

I am writing this long line to demonstrate DoubleTalk's inability to speak

DoubleTalk might cut this and pronounce as:

I am writing this t lbeTalk's inability to speak.

Or any kind of similar variation.
Here is how this problem was solved with WIndow-eyes and their DoubleTalk
driver. In WIndows' system properties, one had to go to Com-xxx
properties, then pick "port settings", then click on "advanced" and then
manipulate with FIFO buffers. The transmit buffers should have set to the
lower value, while receive buffers could stay at the default value. This
certainly fixed the problem. It seems as though DoubleTalk LT cannot
handle fast buffers.

How can I do the same under Linux?
Or do any of you have a solution as to why DOubleTalk does that?
I would appreciate any input,
Regards,
Victor