anyone using Emacspeak with a Dectalk PC1?

You are better off gettign the firmware upgrade if it is
available for the Dectalk PC --I don't know if it is; it is
definitely available for the Express.

The reason you see the problem only when using emacspeak
--and not with older screenreaders that trace their history
back to DOS and older Dectalks is that they typically do not
use the Dectalk 4.0 features of speaking individual letters
--they simply ship the letter and force the thing to talk.

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc