Accent and Emacspeak

I've had someone help me install Red hat 6 and I want to be able to use my accent synthesiser.  We've downloaded the drivers and aren't getting it to work.

The notebook and synthesiser are talking to each other but the speech doesn't make any sense.  It sounds as though it's reading off parameters. The message on the screen isn't being spoken. "I'm working or something to that effect."

Please excuse my ignorance, as this is the first time I've tried Linux.  Once I've got the accent driver installed, How do I tell Emacs how to use the accent.

Thanks in advance.

Lui Greco
luig@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/luig