Important update of Emacspeak RPM's

    Matthew> Last night I uploaded new RPM's of Emacspeak to
    Matthew> my Web site.  In the updated RPM's I fixed a
    Matthew> bug that prevented Emacspeak from starting if
    Matthew> the w3-contrib package is installed.  The
    Matthew> w3-contrib package causes the w3-imenu module
    Matthew> (and therefore the imenu module) to be loaded
    Matthew> when Emacs starts up, and this exposed a small
    Matthew> problem in the emacspeak-setup.el file, so I
This is not clear.
I use w3-imenu all the time -- in fact
I was the one who contributed it --what problem does this
     expose in the emacspeak-setup file?

    Matthew> fixed it.

Note that it is considered "uncool"
to go ahead and "fix something" in open source software
without  checking with the author. All you do by the above
is to sow confusion

    Matthew> I also fixed the emacspeak websearch code so
    Matthew> that if you do a Web search before W3 has been
    Matthew> loaded (or if only the "w3-auto" file has been
    Matthew> loaded), following the links on the results
    Matthew> page won't result in the error "Symbol's value
    Matthew> as variable is void: url-be-asynchronous".  I
Good.

    Matthew> also modified the mail-alert code to look for
    Matthew> mailboxes under /var/spool/mail rather than
    Matthew> /usr/spool/mail, which doesn't exist on Red Hat
    Matthew> systems.  Finally, I added Jim Van Zandt's
the absence of /usr/spool/mail on redhat systems is also
a problem for the mspools package in emacs --a better fix
     (at least the one I use) is to symlink
     /usr/spool to /var/spool

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc