appointments

>>>>> "T.V." == T V Raman <ramantv@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

T.V.> Before mucking with your .emacs try it in a vanila emacs session

Short answer - it still happens.

Here is what I did:

I created a mimimal init file called alt.emacs with the following
lines

  (load-file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/emacspeak-setup.el")

  (display-time)
  (add-hook 'diary-hook 'appt-make-list)
  (setq appt-issue-message t)
  (diary)

I also created a minimal diary file:

Sep 16, 1999
	11:10 test one
	11:12am test two
	11:20am test three

Then I started emacs with "emacs -q -l alt.emacs" and once started I did

M-x calemdar
C-x b *scratch*
C-x 1

This starts an emacs session without my .emacs, insted I have emacs load my
atermate init file, I then started the calendar (overkill I know, but
I wanted to be sure).  Finally I left the calendar buffer behind to
make sure that the apointments would display.

So, I got announcements of the appointments, but C-e A only said "You
have no appointments"

An additional problem that I have also noticed in the past is that the
comment in the mode line never disapears.  But this is a problem with
appointments in or out of emacspeak, it did lead me to try not having
the message appear on the mode line which caused its own problems that
I will write up in a separate message.

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman