Re: ring.au

Raman -

The "play" script from the emacspeak distribution cats the file to
/dev/audio.  On my system, the "play" script that comes with sox
produces for most files a quieter but much clearer sound.

Using the "play" and "ring.au" from the emacspeak distribution
produces on my system a fairly recognizable telephone ring followed by
about two seconds of noise - like someone blowing hard into a
microphone.  I do not think you would find it acceptable.  On the same
file, the "play" script that comes with sox fails with an error
message.  After adding the header, it produces a quieter but much
clearer ring followed by two seconds of silence.