W3 4 pre question

Ok I have w3 4 I did everything the install says to do.  It still won't
run.
Before if I did M-x w3 it would beep if I did w and tryed tab completion
it would find nothing.  Now with w3 version 4 it still beeps if I type M-x
w3 but if I do M-x w and use tab completion it shows all the w3 functions
so I know at least it is installed.  I just have no idea why it won't run.

Ken