Re: Up again

--Say, I've got a burning question--and its simple; probably in the
archives; but, can't find it:

Once .el files are byte-compiled into .elc files they load faster--but
won't work in both XEmacs and GNU Emacs--the .elc files can't be
shared--but do they run faster after start-up--I mean once
they are loaded aren't all things equal? I realize the start-up time
is faster; but, what about general processing.

TIA