Re: emacspeak 12, slackware 7, and dectalk pc1.

Dave -

You don't need the extra server package.  However, you do need a
driver (a kernel module) for the synthesizer.  I think there is a
source package at the blinux ftp site.  However, I do not think it has
been updated for recent kernels.

		 - Jim Van Zandt