Re: A gentle introduction to Emacspeak

    V> Hi, Garry!  It is quite a good beginning It would probably be
    V> nice if you moved some definitions, like that of a buffer and a
    V> frame, closer to the beginning of your tutorial. Also, I
    V> understand you still expect your readers to know something
    V> about Emacs and Linux, right?

Gary responds:

Thank you for the review.  Actually, no I'm trying not to expect any
Linux or Emacs experience but I have set the installation to do
several things:

1) when the system boots, as soon as the ViaVoice is live, it speaks
   to say so.

2) the login prompt says "Please login" and confirms when login is
   successful.

3) the login shell, which is actually a bare-bones FVWM, announces
   when it is ready.

4) when they start w3, it will go to the http://localhost page where
   the first options are this tutorial followed by the Linux FAQ.

I'll see what I can do about moving those definitions closer to the
top.  I wanted to get basic navigation in there first, but there
still may be a way to get buffers and frames up higher.

BTW: If anyone is planning to go to the LinuxCanada Expo in Toronto
next week, I'd be delighted to meet with you.  I will be staying at
the Town Inn near Bloor and Church Street and if I could get a seasoned
Emacspeak user to try this machine and maybe give Paul a brief tutorial
it would be a great help, but even just to meet to talk about
audio desktop stuff at the show would be good too.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxxx>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc