A gentle introduction to Emacspeak

Gary --Great start!

I'd like to see this thing get fleshed out over time with
task-oriented sections
--
top-level:
want to set up the style so the link to "next" appears

Comments typed in as I read through:
On
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/keycodes.html

Rather than using a knife to cut out the windows key I
turned it into a hyper key that emacs can use.
will post the setup to the list separately.

You say control-space re-reads the line --well that sets the
mark, and a side effect is to read the line where the mark
is set.
I'd teach the new user C-e l
--alternatively my fingers automatically do M-m
--back-to-indentation which will also speak the line.

in section:
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/morehelp.html
you have a typo --says M-h (rather than C-h) for help
--unless you remapped it --M-h will mark paragraph.

In section
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/nav.html

Avoid the current usage of term "frame" --since that means
something very specific in emacs.

Term window is not too much better for this --but at least
that is what emacs calls it.
Note that emacspeak *does* support you displaying the same
buffer in multiple emacs frames
but I tend to think of that as fairly advanced usage.
--see the emacs manual for windows and frames

section:
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/buffers.html
at this point in the tutorial rather than telling the user
lots of key sequences
which always produces the reaction "you mean I have to
remember all that ..."
first point out that M-x command always works --that command
names are mnemonic and can be discovered by hitting tab to
complete --that commands when discovered can
be investigated to discover the key sequence that would
invoke them

Secton:
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/frames.html

typo --word "same" repeated.
Again dont call emacs windows frames
section:
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/command.html
move this one to occur before the sections where you give
the various buffer related key strokes

section:
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/infomode.html
typo --M-h i instead of C-h i

note that you will hear the '*' on menu items if emacspeak
is in punctuation mode "all" as opposed to "some"
p.s. I would not call info ancient or antiquated it has the
best features of the WWW before the WWW spun out of control.
sectin:
http://members.xoom.com/teledynamics/emacspeak/example.html
note that you can jump to the various mail headers by
hitting C-c C-f C-s for go to subject etc.

so: type the address
hit C-c C-f C-s type the subject hit M-> to go to the end of
the buffer --gets you over that pesky separator line -and
start typing

Great start all in all --let's keep this going!

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc