Re: uninstalling old version of emacspeak.

Jason> rm -f -r /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak
Jason> and then install the new version...

I have gotten into the habit of moving emacspeak into a verson
specific directory, so after installing version 12 I did:

mv /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak-12
ln -s  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak-12  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak

When you go to install the new version you first remove the link:

rm  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak

which will just remove the link.  Then install the new version.  If
for any reson the new install does not take, you can easily restore
the old version by replacing the link.  After a few weeks of
convincing yourself you like the new version better, you can delete
the old one if you like.  Typicaly, I keep the previous version
around.

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman