Editting graphics within Emacs

Hi, guys!
Did any of you tried to work with images with any of Emacs packages? Is it
possible to do for a blind person? Well, I don't mean drawing or painting,
but but, E.G., working with image maps. Can I, knowing parameters of the
image, manually pick up areas and link cords to HTML source? Is there a way
of calculating this thing without having to see it? I wonder if you, T.V.
raman, had any experience with these things?

Regards and sorry for non-Emacspeak question. I really needed an opinion of
experts!
Regards,
Vic