+ive contribution

The tone of this message is a little better than the past
and I'm inclined to reply.

First please realize that viavoice is *not* part of
emacspeak.
emacspeak supports it --but everything says very clearly up
front that getting viavoice running is your responsibility.

If you found my earlier messages impolite that is
unfortunate, however please realize that I do all this in my
spare time,
and if you claim you wasted time installing viavoice I'll
have little sympathy for you.
Sadly, I've wasted far more time helping people here who
except for a couple of rare  exceptions
take the help they get and never help the next person who
comes along.

Finally the libxf dependency on outloud is an unfortunate
oversight on the part of the folks who released that
system-- it is not truly needed.  Just install it as rpm
--install --nodeps

in fact looking at the rpm man page would have saved you a
lot more time.

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc