[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <email@example.com>
- Subject: +ive contribution
- From: "T. V. Raman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: "T. V. Raman" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <002301bfd2c8$9f0a2e80$089193c3@myserver>
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- References: <002301bfd2c8$9f0a2e80$089193c3@myserver>
- Resent-Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 20:18:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Ohl3dC.A.yTF.4qtQ5"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
The tone of this message is a little better than the past
and I'm inclined to reply.
First please realize that viavoice is *not* part of
emacspeak supports it --but everything says very clearly up
front that getting viavoice running is your responsibility.
If you found my earlier messages impolite that is
unfortunate, however please realize that I do all this in my
and if you claim you wasted time installing viavoice I'll
have little sympathy for you.
Sadly, I've wasted far more time helping people here who
except for a couple of rare exceptions
take the help they get and never help the next person who
Finally the libxf dependency on outloud is an unfortunate
oversight on the part of the folks who released that
system-- it is not truly needed. Just install it as rpm
in fact looking at the rpm man page would have saved you a
lot more time.
>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Chetwynd <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jonathan> Perhaps i could contribute a newbies FAQ for
Jonathan> installing emakspeak on linux. so far in
Jonathan> order to install viavoice: I had a failed
Jonathan> dependency libXm.so.1 www.freshmeat did not
Jonathan> find it I tried a download
Jonathan> lesstif-0.90.0.tar.gz from www.lesstif.org to
Jonathan> install that I needed flex
Jonathan> This is taking a considerable amount of time,
Jonathan> ie a matter of 2 hours once one has found the
Jonathan> right files. using 100mhz 48MbRAM and
Jonathan> 70Mbswap ie make alone took over 90 minutes I
Jonathan> may be doing this all wrong, but it would be
Jonathan> nice to have an idea of how wrong.
Jonathan> emakspeak is still not working, and I am about
Jonathan> to give up once again.
Jonathan> I really think you will need some guidelines
Jonathan> on this. I will endeavour to answer questions
Jonathan> that relate to installing on linux in so far
Jonathan> as I am able.
Jonathan> email@example.com jonathan chetwynd
Jonathan> special needs teacher web accessibility
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |