Re: terminal echo problem

It is true that using term will also fix the crlf problem.

However M-x shell is quite convenient for doing work over
ssh --as long as you dont run vi or emacs at the other end
--typically this is what I use at present when logging in to
sourceforge for setting things up there.
Since I dont have a need to run full screen apps there I
typically just do the ssh from inside a shell buffer --and
have the stty settings fixed by the .profile file at the
other end.
--at which point you should definitely go to use the remote
server
with emacs running remotely.

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc