viavoice dictation and emacspeak

Hi everyone,

Finally got around to installing IBM's viavoice speech recog software.

It's all working fine and dictation from emacspeak is ok.  The problem
is I have been unable to work out how to enrol a user properly without
using X.

I've got the user created and the engine is trying to recognise what
i'm saying.  To be blunt it's crap, it does get some words correct.  I
imagine that is only due to the fact I've not propperly trained the
voice model.

what has everyone else done to get around this?

I have vague memories of a commandline interface to enrolling but
can't find it after quite a few searches.

It's not part of the tcl/smapi API which allows you to talk to the
recog engine using tcl.  It could however be written I suspect without
too much trouble.  Does anyone know of a way of doing this or
interested in helping with this?

Bart