midi icons while synth is off?

the auditory icons are not tied to the speech.
Hitting C-e d q sets dtk-quiet to t --that variable is only
examined by dtk-speak --which only does the speech.
the auditory icons are produced by a different function that
watches a different variable.

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc