how do I get preferred punctuation settings to not be changed?

Hello all.

I like my punctuation settings to be set to none for most things I
do.  I have the line:
(dtk-set-punctuations "none" t)
In my .emacs file, but every time I change buffers, or run something
such as vm, it gets changed back to some, or even all.  Is there a way
to prevent this from happening?

Thanks.
--
Rick Hayner