Re: Listing outside of emacspeak WAS:Sychronising with the speech server.

> I have never taken the step of recording an audio cd from this wave
> file.  I would guess that you might need to convert the 16000kHz mono
> into something else.  (44000kHz stereo?) Sox will most likly be able

yes, cd-r data needs to be at 44.1kHz and sox will happily do the
conversion for you.

> to help you here.  I have however created mpegs from the resulting
> speech which could, I suppose be used on a small mpeg player, although
> I have not done this.

there are also now players which will play cds of mp3 data. this might
be a more useful way to go as the mp3 data takes up less space.

hth,

--Will