Re: Installing emacspeak

well, it sounds like all you've yet to do is run;

# make install
# emacspeak -o

and see if it comes up.

i hav not upgraded to 13 yet but suppose this is correct.  the '-o'
after the 'emacspeak' command forces it to use the outloud server.
having done this test, you may wish to add;

DTK_PROGRAM=outloud
export DTK_PROGRAM

in your login profile.  this will cause outloud to be the default
server.  rummage around in the docs and read everything.  locate a
linux HOWTO called 'emacs beginner' if you're new to emacs.

enjoy!