Re: emacspeak calculator?

   I tried to wget your book since my best opportunities for study seem to
   come when I'm off-line. Scripted downloads are, however, blocked from
   your site.

What do you mean by a `scripted download'?  That is jargon I have never
heard before.

And -- my apologies, I gave you the wrong location -- my book is
"Programming in Emacs Lisp: An Introduction" and it is available as
190,408 byte gzip'd tar file from

  /ftp@xxxxxxxxxxx:/pub/gnu/emacs/

The file name is:  emacs-lisp-intro-1.05.tar.gz

I inadvertently gave you the name of another really good source, that
for Emacs Calc, which is:

      /ftp@xxxxxxxxxxx:/pub/gnu/calc

(Is Calc what you are looking for?  If so, you need the
831,865 byte gzip'd tar file  calc-2.02f.tar.gz

(I recommend both! :)

Again, my apologies for the mix up in directory names.

My book, the one on programming in Emacs Lisp, is in Texinfo format.
You may convert this Texinfo file to Info to read online or typeset it
to print or convert it to HTML for a Web site or to PDF and other
output formats.  (The Calc manual is also in Texinfo format, like much
other GNU documentation.)

You will find instructions on formatting in the README in the tar file
and at the beginning of the Texinfo file 'emacs-lisp-intro.texi'.

Is this the information you need?  Or more?  I don't know what sort of
world you are coming from, nor what kind of system you are running.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  bob@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com