Re: ralplayer and emacspeak

My copy of the realplayer7 fails to load with the message "player
expired. you must upgrade" ... and installing realplayer8 fixed
the problem.  The annoying part is that the emacspeak symptom was
that realaudio simply failed to make any sound; I had to run
realplayer inside X to see the message.

Speaking of realplayer, is it normal to have no control over the
trplayer when used with ViaVoice?  We found we had to hack a new
key to kill trplayer to shut it down, and while it was playing,
every emacspeak command just beeps with the printed message that
the sound is unavailable.  Is this normal or just an artifact
of our particular sound card?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxxx>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com