Thanks everyone for the doc input!

Greetings all,

Thank you all so much for your input on the matter of documenting Emacs
commands!  From all the comments I received, everyone seemed to agree on
the following:

* The convention must be explained before it is used
* The convention must be consistent throughout the entire document
* The differences between different command formats, for example C-x C-s
versus C-x d, should be explained

Finally, Ann Parsons pointed out that it would be a good idea to keep the
convention the same as is used for sighted users, so that everyone will be
able to "talk coherently with their sighted colleagues." Therefore, I've
decided to use the convention that appears in the Emacs menus themselves,
and include adequate explanation of how to interpret the commands before
they are ever referenced.

Again, thanks!

Sincerely yours,

-j